Friday 14 December 2012

Harry Nilsson - The Point

I absolutely love this album so I'm gonna re-up it for you. I remember liking it as a kid and then when I was about eighteen some friends and I were at a jumble sale and there it was. It even had the original comic book with it (scans included with the download). Obviously my mate's took the piss out of me for getting so excited but after we dropped some acid and then listened to it they were converted. In fact, if it wasn't for LSD then the whole thing would never have existed. This is what Nilsson had to say about it...

"I was on acid and I looked at the trees and I realized that they all came to points, and the little branches came to points, and the houses came to point. I thought, 'Oh! Everything has a point, and if it doesn't, then there's a point to it.'" [Harry Nilsson]

Basically The Point is a tale by musician and songwriter Harry Nilsson about a boy named Oblio, the only round-headed person in the Pointed Village, and his dog called Arrow. The story is told through both song and narration and is great listening for children as well as adults.

DOWNLOAD HARRY NILSSON - THE POINT

Here's the tracklisting (320kbps)...
01) Everything's Got 'Em
02) The Town (Narration)
03) Me And My Arrow
04) The Game (Narration)
05) Poli High
06) The Trial And Banishment (Narration)
07) Think About Your Troubles
08) The Pointed Man (Narration)
09) Life Line
10) The Birds (Narration)
11) P.O.V. Waltz
12) The Clearing In The Woods (Narration)
13) Are You Sleeping?
14) Oblio's Return (Narration)
There is also scans of the comic book included :)

DOWNLOAD HARRY NILSSON - THE POINT

THE MOVIE
There was also an animated film version of The Point!. The TV version was originally narrated by Dustin Hoffman but because of contract issues the film release used Ringo Starr as the narrator. The version embedded below is with Dustin Hoffman and is available on video.google.com.




Note: If the above links don't work try the following from Rapidshare...
DOWNLOAD HARRY NILSSON - THE POINT [RAPIDSHARE]

1 comment:

  1. Like your goodself, I watched this little cartoon years ago and i will indeed watch it again on google later but first, thanks for sharing this little gem...very much obliged to you and your excellent blog....will have a look around it now.....thank you.

    ReplyDelete